Palliative Care - Improves Quality of Life
Palliative care is a specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness, whatever the diagnosis. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Palliative care is provided by a physician or nurse practitioner that are Palliative certified and who work together with a patient's other doctors to provide an extra layer of support. It is appropriate at any age and at any stage in a serious illness and can be provided along with curative treatment.
Our facility has established relationships with Palliative Care organizations and specialists.
Goals of Palliative Care
1. Avoid intrusive hospitalizations and procedures.
2. Enhance the quality of life by managing symptoms
3. Provide emotional and spiritual support
4. Coordinate a plan of care and establish an active support system
5. Treat pain and alleviate suffering
6. Provide choices in advance care planning